Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter Exhibition!

I was in Chicago over the weekend, for the American Library Association Conference, talking with librarians about my John Brown book. Had a great time and met some amazing artists and writers. Just as great was the trip I took to see the Harry Potter exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry. I spent almost two hours in there, loving the chance to be around such amazing props, costumes and creatures.

Though no less than three guards gave me the stink eye and one asked rather loudly to no one in particular "Can he be drawing in here?" I managed to do a few drawings. When are you going to get a chance to draw Buckbeak and Kreacher from life?

5 comments:

Jane said...

This is so cool, your Mandrake Root is great and Kreacher looks very like Kreacher.

I wish I could have gone to this :(

nancyillustration.com said...

The exhibit was awesome, wasn't it! The details (like the label on the bezoar box)...SO cool. Great drawings too, esp Kreacher!

Owen Schumacher said...

I do the same thing: I always get too close to paintings and sculptures. Museum guards don't like it. But artists like to look close!

Louise Smythe said...

i. am. so. jealous.

did you see the movie?

John Hendrix said...

Did not see the movie yet... just finished the book a few weeks back. Half way through DH. If you can make it to chicago, its worth it. Plus, DB Dowd would freak out at the hanging airplanes and trains in the museum atrium.