Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Border War!

Slavery-hatin' John Brown (my beloved hero and star of an upcoming picture book I'm working on at this very moment) has been in the news this week. Missouri and Kansas play a tackle football game this weekend. It happens to be a very important one because Kansas is nationally ranked No. 2 and Missouri No. 4. Repeat: Football, not basketball.

On the telecast, I'm sure you will see some John Brown/Quantrill's Raid references. Don't let the anti-abolitionist media fool you into feeling sorry for the Bushwackers. Savages who kill Free-Staters! Border Ruffians! Marauding mercenaries! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

3 comments:

blewis said...

It's a nice idea, but I can't stand the tshirt.

John Hendrix said...

I wonder what you don't like about the shirt?

blewis said...

A few things...